Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 May 2012

Bradbury's Family Sewing machine cranked handle Antique


Does anyone have any information on this gorgeous old Bradbury's Family hand cranked sewing machine. I used to have an old hand cranked Singer Sewing machine in my teens, and have been told that this machine is older than that. One of the first sewing machines made in England?

I would love to find out the history on this little sewing machine. The thing I love most about old fashioned sewing machines is that you have total control over how fast or slow it goes. They are also brilliant for children to learn to sew on. I know my little girl and I are going to have great fun creating and making together. And of course it costs nothing to run. No electric needed!

BRADBURY BOBBIN

If you have any Bradbury Bobbins please get in touch.

LEFEVRES DRAPERS CANTERBURY, ENGLAND SOLD SEWING MACHINES

I am 100% sure that I have some sort of family connection to the old LeFevres Drapers, which was a shop in Canterbury England. It is now Debenhams! My Great Great Grandmother's maiden name was LeFevre. Here is the Bradbury Family sewing machine which works like dream.



MY HANDMADE FAIRY COSTUMES FOR MY FAIRY BOOK 

I created these handmade fairy costumes using an Electric Singer Sewing machine, sadly the damp in the house has wrecked the machine and it no longer works. I have a feeling the above old sewing machine will last me forever as years ago they made things to last, not like today in our throw away society! Hey it saves on electric too and you can take it out into the garden. FANTASTIC!



Come back and visit to see what I make with the Bradbury's Family Sewing machine and do share your stories. I am on Facebook, see below!

SCRAPBOOK WITH ME, SHARON J. BAINBRIDGE: http://www.facebook.com/people/Sharon-J-Bainbridge/595087537 www.butterflylullaby.co.uk, fairy songs, fairy portraits, art and crafts for children, music, fairy music, true stories, poems, children's stories, free fairy network for businesses and stay at home Mum's (Mom's) scrapbook layouts every photo tells a story

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pictures of old Bradbury's Family sewing machines dated 1900?

http://www.sewmuse.co.uk/bradbury/bradbury%20family%20t.s.%20photos.htm

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews